Kim Hartke is the author of the blog HartkeIsOnline.com. Kim stumbled on the whole food and real food movement when she was looking for non-medical alternatives to her families’ health issues. She followed the South Beach Diet and with her husband, they went on to lose 50lbs between the two of them and have been able to keep it off.
In addition to following the South Beach Diet, Kim’s favorite cookbooks she used to help her lose the weight included the Nourishing Traditions Cookbook, the Schwarzbein Principle Cookbook, and Stanley Fishman’s Tender Grass-Fed Meat and BBQ cookbooks.
Now in today’s show with Kim we talk about:
- What she and her husband ate that helped her relieve her knee pain and him come off of his blood pressure medications as well as lose 50lbs together
- What types of foods worsened her osteoarthritis
- The key to maintaining their weight loss
- Tips for maintaining their diet while eating out, as well as some of their favorite healthy restaurants
- Why she is a fan of raw milk and fermented foods
- And how Dave Matthews and other celebrities are buying their own Virginia farms, and much more!
Here’s the show:
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
Health and Cookbooks:
- Sally Fallon: The Fourfold Path to Healing: Working with the Laws of Nutrition, Therapeutics, Movement and Meditation in the Art of Medicine
- The South Beach Diet
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell and Mary Enig
- Diana Scharzbein, Schwarzbein Principle Cookbook (Suzanne Somers’ Endocrinologist)
- Stanley Fishman: Tender Grass-Fed Meat/BBQ
- Real Food Fermentation by Alex Lewin
- Wardeh Harmon, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fermenting Foods
- Sandor Katz, Wild Fermentation
Now it’s your turn! WHAT questions do you have about using nutrition to heal yourself? WHO do you want to hear from? Let me know in the comments below and I will try my best to get them on the show. Be as specific as possible. I want to answer your burning questions and for YOU to add your thoughts to the conversation. So go ahead and leave a comment now.
And if you want even more resources to heal yourself naturally, make sure you sign up for email updates, because I share some insights in my email updates that I only share with my subscribers. That’s why you want to be one
We have plenty of fun guests coming up, including Dr. Robert Johnson who will be talking about the 8 Underlying Causes of All Health Problems, so stay tuned. Thanks so much for stopping by and until next time, have a fit and tasty day!
BECOME A FIT FOODIE VIP FOR FREE. ENTER YOUR EMAIL BELOW AND RECEIVE:
- Be the FIRST to know about new recipes, episodes, programs, and events
- Surprises and VIP-only content
- Exclusive insights that I only share with my email subscribers